Now taking 2020 bookings.
The caravan, aDelta Phoenix Plus, is sited in Challaborough Bay, Near Bigbury, South Devon and is less than 5 minutes’ walk from the sandy "Blue Flag" Life Guard controlled beach which is popular for surfing, kayaking and paddle boarding and, also Park facilities. It is a modern 3-bedroom caravan, with double glazing and gas central heating, sleeping up to 8 people. There are USB Charging points in every room. There is parking for two vehicles next to the caravan, decking, patio and grassed areas.
Duvets and pillows are provided but guests are asked to bring duvet covers, sheets, pillow cases, towels & T-towels.
A travel cot and high chair is available at no extra cost.
Entertainment passes can be obtained, for an additional cost, from the Park Reception.
On Site Facilities
- Clubhouse: There is nightly entertainment (Children's discos, Bingo, Live Music, etc.). There are various kids’ clubs. Details of the entertainment programme are available from Reception.
- Bar/Restaurant: Separate Bar/Restaurant with outside seating overlooking the beach which offers Wi-Fi, Sky Sports, traditional pub grub and Sunday Carvery.
- Kiosk: Serving Tea/Coffee, cold drinks and ice lollies.
- Takeaway & Pizzeria
- Shop: Sells a range of grocery essentials, newspapers and gifts.
- Indoor Swimming Pool/Gym Complex: Main swimming Pool, Toddler Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and gym equipment. In addition to the swimming sessions there are regular bookable pool activities such as Aqua fit and Inflatable Sessions.
- Surf Shop: Wet suits and boards (paddle and surf) can be hired and tuition booked.
Places to visit
Amongst Devon’s attractions and places to visit are:
Bigbury Golf Club: A friendly club located 5 mins from the site. Booking is advisable.
Burgh Island: Art Deco Hotel and The Pilchard Inn. At the top of the island there are great views of the surrounding coastline. The Island is accessible on foot via the beach causeway during low tide, or via a ride on the Sea Tractor (charge applies).
Babbacombe: Model village
Salcombe/ Kingsbridge: Picturesque towns.
Plymouth: The Hoe with its Lighthouse, Barbican and National Marine Aquarium.
Dartmoor Miniature Pony Centre: Pony rides, nature trails, adventure playgrounds and guinea pig/rabbit handling
Pennywell Farm: Great family day out with animal handling, tractor rides etc. Watch the daily pig races!
Woodlands Theme Park: The largest family theme park in the South West
Dartmoor and Paignton Zoos
Buckfastleigh: Abbey, Otter Sanctuary and Butterfly Farm, South Devon Railway.
- Journeys End Inn, Ringmore: 13th Century, Cask Ales, Pub Food, Outside Seating.
- Dolphin Inn, Kingston: 16th Century, Cask Ales, Pub Food, Outside Seating.
- Pickwick Inn, St. Anns Chapel: Outside Seating, Homemade Pizza & Italian Menu, Sunday Carvery, Quiz Nights and Live Music.
- Pilchard Inn, Burgh Island: 13th Century, Outside Seating.